Tuesday 27 January 2015

Muscle memory

A cold, raw morning, training and yawning
27.01.2015
Day 288

Training with Erik-Lee of Team 6. Rode bike up there, stomach muscles complaining from enforced planking, jacknife and bridging, hurried Shredded Wheat eating, then a Hillyfields Team-6 circuit of hickey shuffles, bicep curls, squats, resistance waves with a stick thing on elastic, boxing. 
This evening, Kent AC, stomach complaining even more from ill advised smoothie making and macaroni cheese eating. Session (I missed warm up through faffing) was 5x1000m and warm down of 1 mile).

It was one of those days. All meals were hurried and gulped, food choices absurd, too much yawning over laptop, too much activity after eating, too much eating. I appear to have an eating disorder. Or rather I am lapsing into disordered eating. No real meals, just insane standing up snacks. The most ridiculous of these was a green smoothie made of processed raw kale, celery, cucumber, apple and pear. It sits in my intestines and is causing distress. Also bugging me is that this evening I witnessed how quickly a friend of 37 or so has come back from her last baby and is already overtaking me on the track. It's called muscle memory, when your body remembers how swift and  athletic it is even after an enforced two-year lay off. Proof that athleticism is in your blood, and the likes of me cannot create it through daft smoothie making and plank regimes.
 Meanwhile, I bloat, look pregnant from intestinal turbulence and cannot recover adequately. And eat too much chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment