Wednesday 25 February 2015

Why the Virgin Money London Marathon gives invisible women something to live for

More thoughts on late blooming as I ran this morning
25.02.2015
Day 317
Rose at 6am to do a tempo run in the rain. I managed six miles around Hillyfields, a bit slow, but hampered by this virus thing still. Not enough stretching. Plenty of healthy food consumed (to starve that fever) still in pain around the stomach and hips. Too much sitting. 

Today I wrote a piece for a Local Living magazine, about the number of middle aged women running the Virgin Money London Marathon, and it reaffirmed why I am doing this and how large 26 April 2015 looms in my life.
Question is, what will I do with myself afterwards?
The answer comes via my friend Siggy, who was happy to record a half marathon time of 1:44 in Brighton last Sun. We're about the same age, so have taken on a noble quest: to score 1:40 in a half marathon in 2015. To set a current PB, and to see how much more I'd need to do to break 1:40 befor ehte end of the year, I entered the Paddock Wood Half Marathon today. It was the first half I ever ran, in 2008. It's on 29 March 2015, but I'll use it in training. I need to focus on another for summer. Perhaps Women's Running will help me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment