Saturday 21 February 2015

IBS and cross country, a potent mix


21.02.2015
Day 313

No photo yet, but I fear it will not be a triumphant image of women in their Kent AC vests, for my part at least.
A night of knotty bowels and pain. Eating is not affected, so I'm fuelled and trying to ignore gripes.
Feeling pretty rough, but hell, it's only 8km.
More tomorrow, as am away for the night.
Abject misery
The men did well
Mud, cold, discomfort
 As I feared, it was quite a trauma. Four ibuprofen did not help the stomach pain much, and lack of sleep cannot have been beneficial. Even so, I was slw. The first mile, up Parliament Hill, rendered my legs jelly and my spirit broken.
Not a great ending to the glorious cross country season, but I am so glad it has ended. Now I will concentrate on getting back on track (in every sense of the word) dealing with these internal difficulties, and preparing for Monster Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment