Wednesday 11 February 2015

Self promotion

Grey day, sought spring indoors
11.02.2015
Day 303
Small recovery run (not quite two miles) at careful jogging pace, with a 25-length swim in the middle. 

As I should be demonstrating tenacity in the line of duty, picking up more freelance work, rather than gadding about in my trainers (or, indeed, swimsuit) I almost snuck out of the house today, so as not to attract disapprobation from the old man, who works at his desk more than 14 hours a day, most days. Not being in a magazine office is blessed relief, in so many ways, but it does not get me noticed.
Today I applied for a part-time editing job for a charity, so had to big myself up. As a coach and runner, I am often required to  promote my classes and various races on social media. News of the latest Buggy Runners classes ricochet around the Twittersphere, thanks to me, and today I was required to air my future plans for this race, as I am an official pacer for this organisation (I am mostly green, FYI). Stuff like this keeps me busy, visible and although it doesn't net me much in terms of salary, it stops me spending money on race entry fees, and bags me a few freebies. Although, it has to be said, I have far too many event T shirts, they will have to go to the charity shop, which is where I buy my best clothes, being mostly unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment