Thursday 12 February 2015

Mens sana in corpore sano

Focus with Team 6
Fresh air fun with Buggy Runners
My contribution to the Museum of the Mind
because this was once my daughter
12.02.2015
Day 304
Ridiculously active, when fatigue threatened to scotch training. Cycled my complaining carcass to Erik Lee for circuits - loads of posterior chain work (need to look that up) mainly counteracting the old fat back syndrome), thence to Southwark Park where I had once Buggy Running client, on to Hayward Gallery on bike, then cycled back to cook, then cycled to Bethlem Royal Hospital for the opening of the Museum of the Mind, where a little piece of me will always reside. So, about 20 miles cycling and lots of training. Pooped.

Leaden grey skies made it feel dark at 8.30am this morning at Hillyfields where I fetched up for Team 6 training in a filthy mood after a terribly disturbed night. As the body loosened up and muscles fired my vitriole subsided, and I set off for Southwark Park in a more sanguine frame of mind.
The theme of mental health permeated this dismal winter day. I could not believe how physically below par anxiety about work and finance has made me feel. Even cycling up hill seems more of an effort when your mind is all pickled by circular thoughts. I know the mums I coach feel inadequate and vexed when babymothering doesn't come easy. Then going to the Royal Bethlem hospital this evening, on tired legs and with an achey, stressy head, to have the can of worms of my daughter's anorexic months reopened...reminded me how strong I'd had to be back in 2011 and early 2012. I'm not sure how I got through it. More on the Museum of the Mind when I have slept and my thoughts can be better articulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment