Sunday 22 February 2015

Pacing with a happy face

Hampton Court Half Marathon: freezing at the start
and a celebrity cheerleader at mile 10  
22.02.2015
Day 314
Pace half marathon at 2:10 and felt gratifying fresh all way round, despited very painful guts, damped down by yet more Ibuprofen. Worrying, also about 4 miles extra getting from Surbiton to Thames Ditton

At one point this morning I worried about having some sort of messy internaL breakdown. This pain has to culminate in something.  had plenty off access to food so made the most of it, but fear I should perhaps be fasting . Six ibuprofen consumed today. Running 9:40 m/m is obviously far too slow as LSR, but it suited my poorly state. I was pacing with a very cheerful man, for whom I will find a link, and we gathered a grateful crowd around us. I led them to quite a decent PB sub 2:10, but worried I'd made it too fast. Still, I was gratified by all the thanks I received,

No comments:

Post a Comment