Thursday 26 February 2015

Feed a cold, starve a fever

Erik demonstrates no rope skipping

My last Buggy Runner session at Southwark Park


The phantom gardener had plunted more spring flowers in Ladywell Fields
26.02.2015
Day 317
Rather half-hearted training today. This feverish cold is sapping energy. Erik session with upper body work, then cycling to South wark Park to train one woman, then cycle to lunch in town with old friend, cycle home

All of the above seemed like a tremendous effort. I shivered and coasted through Erik's training session, having turned up half an hour late. I am quite intrigued by that non-rope skipping rope, though, You just twirl the foreshorturned rope handles, as Erik demonstrates, and don't have the problem of getting the rope over your head.
As clients for Buggy Runners have not signed up in sufficient numbers, Southwark Council has pulled the plug on this particular session. In April I will start a session in Dulwich Park, in the expectation of a more yummy clientele. One can hope.
Standing in the rain instructing my one loyal client in her dynamic drills was almost too much to tolerate while feeling unwell. I have not had a cold in a couple of year, but this malady seems to have followed on from last weekend's distress. I have had enough of feeling poorly. The one comforting fact is that being ill now may boost immunity when training moves into high mileage. Yes, it should be high mileage now but I'll have to play catch up.
Only eight weeks left, and two of those should be taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment