Friday 6 February 2015

Hilly, chilly and rather silly...self loathing

Sharp, cold winds make cool cloudscapes over Greenwich Park
A bit too chilly for much core/mat work
06.02.2015
Day 298
Not much going on in terms of my training seriously. I coached a Buggy Runners class of nine women and babies in Greenwich, park, cycling to and from it, then spent the afternoon cooking and the evening eating and drinking

Which does not bode well for a cross country race. That's two nights of alcohol and rich food consumed when the schedule insists on high mileage and clean eating. This fall by the wayside is not so serious, so long as it is shortlived. I just need to get through - and enjoy - a mostly indulgent weekend, then get back on to what my mother used to call 'the straight and narrow'.
Diet books often talk about how little lapses should be built into the regimen, to avoid that rather kneejerk response to the temptation of the biscuit tin (I've eaten a couple of chocolate covered shortbreads and now am well and trulybuggered, so may as well consume whole packet - that syndrome).   Shortage of sleep, quantities of alcohol and an unsatisfatory week, work wise, has tumbled me straight into a similar mindset, which has rendered me bloated and dissatisfied, still eating chocolate long after hunger was satiated, hating myself while hoovering up roasted cashews from the pre-dinner vodka-tonic-nibbles stage well after everyone has gone home...it's a dirty stinking hole of a mindset that I need to dig myself out of, and it's reaching a critical stage.
Do different, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment