Friday 18 April 2014

What a carb up

18.04.2014

The Good Friday tradition round ours is to scoff as many hot cross buns as we can. My husband buys two dozen from the local baker and  they must all disappear within 24 hours. By teatime I've got the carb sweats. Luckily the Saturday morning is Parkrun. Only 5k though, which burns about one and a half buttered buns. I have eaten at least six today, as well as a vast platter of fried noodles following the Good Friday Faure Requiem at Southwark Cathedral (daughter's in the choir).
So today has been a carbload and no mistake. A marathon's worth. It'll be interesting to see if I run a faster Parkrun as a result of all this stored glycogen. Erik has warned that vegetarians risk overdoing the carbs and risk that nasty skinnyfat look. I fear that's me. I cannot just blame my great age for the spare tyre and skinny arms and legs, it's the excess carbs. Training seriously does not mean you can scoff buns until no more buns will go in. Diet wise, it's been a Bad Friday. Delicious, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment