Monday 21 April 2014

River Runs

21.04.2014

Easter Bank Holiday Monday

Back to long running again after an extended reverse taper. My marathon was more than three weeks ago (29.03.14 -261 Women's Marathon, Mallorca). It has been a struggle to get my legs working properly again. I wore my Garmin this morning and ran from here via Hillyfields, to Deptford, then along the river for a little while, before looping back, toiling up Greenwich Park's steepest Hill, then running through Blackheath via Mountsfield to home. It's 11.5 miles all told. I need to be able to do this distance in about 1:20, but I felt a little slow today. My mood was buoyant, though, because my Parkrun yesterday was a huge improvement on last week's shaming time. True, I'm still a minute off where I'd like to be (I should be able to do 22.45, hills or no hills), but at least I can believe I'm on an improving curve. Perhaps Erik's instruction will help, perhaps I need the fuel provided by Good Friday's incredible hot cross bun intake. I am beginning to wonder if all the clean eating and veg loading that I do actually helps my running. Seems to me, when I eat a lot of cake, toast, chocolate, my energy and speed improves. I need to record it all. That's what this blog is for of course.
Today I ate nothing before I ran, as I'd eaten chocolate late into the night.
On my return I had hot chocolate and porridge.
For lunch, salad and cheese sandwiches, coffee, a few mini eggs
For snack while cooking dinner: rice cakes, peanut butter, a few more mini eggs
Dinner was Quorn and veg curry, basmati rice, rhubarb crmble and yogurt
Tonight I have eaten a handful of Lindor mini eggs and am about to indulge in a Lindt gold bunny (mini)
Early night, as that is part of my Training Seriously.
By June 11, I'd like to try to get near my 5K PB of 21mins

No comments:

Post a Comment