Friday 25 April 2014

Early doors

25.04.2014

Up betimes and out for a run. It's a while since I've run straight from bed, and I'm still not feeling sufficiently recovered from my marathon in Mallorca to resume hill training in Greenwich at 6am on a Friday. Quite insane, it's true, particularly in the ice and cold and dark of winter. Hill sprints are hard work (that did not need typing) but they really help with speed. Today I did three miles in Ladywell Fields (pictured), with the third mile as fast as I could sustain. Sadly, that's none too fast these days. If I am to revisit my 5k PB I need to put in some work; 7-minute miling is essential. Today I could not improve on 7:40. On the upside, I felt better than I did this time last week, so I know the recovery is still in progress.
I cycled to and from work (14m total), so I've been busy and now I'm yawning over the laptop. I need to address all the issues about my poor strength, inconsistent sleep and high-carb diet that's turning me skinnyfat if training seriously is what I really want to do. Erik has told me what to do, and that does not include drinking Scotch and watching Alan Carr being Chatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment