Tuesday 15 April 2014

The day after the vow before


 14.04.14
Yesterday, all fired up, I took this photo at the Virgin London Marathon, which I will henceforth refer to as VLM for ease of daily posting.
My vow is to post something relevant for the next 365 days or so, to log my year's preparation to do this race justice.
I've run London twice. The race was enjoying its final year of Flora sponsorship when I ran it the first time, so my medal is margarine themed. I would love to have a Mars Marathon medal, but I didn't start running obsessively until I was 44 years old. The FLM 2009 was my first ever 26.1 mile run. I managed 4 hours and 13 minutes.
The following year (2010) when the run was Virgin Money-sponsored, I trotted round in 4.05.
Not great. It took Berlin in 2013 to net my my Good For Age rating. Also known as GFA. I ran it in 3:57.09 and I was 50years old. My great age earned me an accolade that I now cherish. Good For Age. I mutter it to myself when I'm toiling around the running track near my house. Fast Good For Age is what I want to be. Hence this blog. For the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment