Tuesday 29 April 2014

Super Tuesday

29.04.2014 AM

 Up to Hillyfields betimes to train with Erik and Hyacinth
It was circuits again: squats, crossbow (arms), ball slams, side to side running, balance, Scorpion....great moves all.
We note down our reps on our clipboards and take home our achievement slips. Added to this, we are supposed to log our measurements (round arms, round thighs, round waist and much more more), weight, height and calorie requirements. As someone who is middle aged, low weight, but rather thickening at the waist, all this is painful. I am even more stricken by the numerous exhortations to stop eating slices of toast and biscuits like they were going out of fashion and start on some protein. Hyacinth, a meat refusenik who eats fish, says she buys protein powder online and pays about £45 for a month's supply. That sort of expenditure I just could not justify. I had a protein shake this morning, on my return from Hillfields, in the hope I'd repair sufficiently for tonight's training


29.04.2014 PM Kent AC Interval training
This was very hard, on the jog to the track I felt my hams and hip flexors complaining, and I felt puffed and out of sorts on the warm up. All talk is of the Assembly League on Thur. Kent AC women
are currently in poll position, thanks to the gazelles Sarah, Amy, Cath and Ali. However us veterans can also make a difference...the C team is also out in front.
The session was one 1200, followd by 6x400 with 200m recovery between all, I did loosen up and ran fast on the first few 400s. It was good for me on the last lap to have Ellie and Siobhan suddenly decide to race each other and pull past me. I felt duty bound to try to stay with them, even though I felt totally wasted. I think I shall tell Erik that I'll miss Thur Core session, as I'm starting to worry about how bad I could be in Victoria Park, Hackney, if I do not rest and recover properly.
I have eaten a quantity of food today, but am going to say good night with yogurt, cereal and a little bit of Lindt bunny while I write my diary and angst about my poor form.

No comments:

Post a Comment