Wednesday 30 April 2014

Recovery

30.04.2014

The strength training and speed training bookending yesterday took its toll today. My thighs and upper back complained mightily on rising. Exercise was limited to a lengthy wait for the doctor's surgery to open so that I could request a repeat prescription of the oestrogen cream that has improved the quality of my life. At 51 I am experiencing the problems suffered by many running midlifers of the female variety, especially those who've had a few children via the front door. Thinning vaginal tissues make stess incontinence and discomfort worse, but sticking this cream where the sun don't shine has proved highly successful. I've been dry running ever since, Hooray.
So activites today were gentle. Walking in warm spring sunshine through Ladywell Fields with husband, chowing down on plenty of good fats and proteins (eggs, avocado, yogurt, peanut butter) and the usual carbloading, gardening and trying to organise upcoming race duties for my Club and Women's Running magazine, of which more in the coming days.
It's good being out of the office, but I need to find some money earning work before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment