Thursday 24 April 2014

Trussed and weighted

24.04.14

How's this for making a spectacle of oneself?
My third session with Erik at Shape-U involved this piece of equipment, whose name I forget. You stand on the board with your body attached to it by resistance bands, wearing weights round ankles and hips. You move against this unwonted resistance.
If you are me, you wobble and strain a bit, while finding out (depressingly) how weak you are and how little real movement and power you have in your glutes and hams. I hate the fact that I look like an old shapeless woman here, but  I suppose that is what I am. Or at least, middle aged and shapeless.
It is just as well that noone will ever read this blog, because after a hard day at work and lack of sleep gnawing away at my self discipline I feel bloated and guilt at having eaten chocolate unreservedly, and my default postion is a feeling of hopelessness that I shall ever build up core strength enough to improve my times. Erik has stressed the importance of replacing my carb and sugar habit with protein, although he'd prefer that to be meat and fish, rather than tofu and eggs. I am aware of the benefits of quality sleep when I feel this down on myself, so bed it is. Perhaps a Lindt chocolate bunny first.

No comments:

Post a Comment