Thursday 17 April 2014

Core blimey

17.4.2014

This morning, despite a disturbed night, subsequent fatigue, a loss of mojo and incipient cold symptoms I committed to my promise of core training with Erik of TeamShape-U.com. The word 'commit' crops up quite a lot during the hour's training. Erik is a gentle, patient coach. He doesn't go in for the Boot camp bark. Instead he talks about 'committing' to a lunge, or a squat, 'feeling it, in a nice way'. The exercises we do, there's just me and a couple of other women, are deceptively unsweaty, but hard to execute with good form. I am impressed at the extent to which I ache after three rounds of crossbows, medecine ball squats, shuttles with lunges, balancing exercises and fast feet routines. Erik watches like a hawk and sometimes interjects with droll observations. His classic comment to me, I tweeted today:
"we have to identify your strengths and weaknesses. So far I have seen only weakness.'' Erik, [tweet I] tells it like it is.
I'm enjoying these core sessions in Hillyfields Park. Erik is thorough and knowledgeable. He doesn't think much of my being a vegetarian, and has advised protein shakes, but I am deeply sceptical about such food supplements. Nonetheless, he is 'committed' to improving my running, and I, pushed fr time and money as I am, am committed to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment