Tuesday 10 June 2014

Rose-tinted spectacle

The rose garden by the Ranger's House, Greenwich Park
10.06.2014

A five mile easy run, to Greenwich Park

Beautiful weather to be a freelancer, so I rose early to miss the heat of the day, and spent much of the rest of it at my lap top in the garden. No running club tonight, because I'm racing tomorrow and track sessions alway turn competitive, lung busting and arse aching. I took time to admire the roses  and talk to the park gardener, Gary.
In fact the run became less than easy, since I'm still preoccupied with the 7:50 minute mile I want to sustain for ten miles. So the last two I did were pretty quick. Now I need to protein up to repair the damage, get some sleep to dissipate the aching from yesterday's upper body stuff and measure out th various foodstuffs with purported rocket-fuel qualities to eat tomorrow. I will mostly be consuming beetroot, and juice of same, home-made energy bars, oatmeal, gram flour bread, sour cherry juice and avocado. And a nice cup of Organo ganoderma coffee before I leave for Battersea. I hope I don't poop myself on the course. I expect most people hope that.
Have I mentioned my daily tweet on this blog yet? I think I need to start explaing myself. All this first person stuff is making me feel a little guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment