Tuesday 13 May 2014

Fit for strife

This is what I did before work
13.05.2014
This is what I did after work
My day was topped and tailed by fitness goals of very different complexions. I suppose, for brevity, the morning was one the truer to this record, since it has the better chance of netting me some results. Erik at Shape-U has his clients bashing tyres and flinging medicine balls around to fire glutes and adductors, hip flexors and various unnameable core muscles. We work, we sweat, we ache the next day.
The Fitness Writers' Assocation, however, with  whose members I convened this evening at a Finsbury Park Health Club, exists to allow those who want to make career in this beefy world to network. So after a day's jobbing content writing I betook myself there, to network. I felt adequate among the ultra runners, PTs and nutritionists, and jealous of all who had better fitness writing stamina than me. The chap to the right had a PhD and Masters Degrees in sudying the gym industry and had completed various exhaustive studies into people's fitness goals, routes to achieving such goals, and staying power in the process. What people want to see, he stated, is Results, as we can see on the whiteboard here. They just don't want to put in the effort. That's how I feel about freelance journalism. Too much networking. A sub 3:50 marathon looks more achievable, by comparison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment