Saturday 16 August 2014

Eat for Life

Branksome Dene Chine: scene of unbridled eating
16.08.2014
Day 126

Today was Eat for Life. A gathering of the Haydon/Trafford clans at the beach hut in Poole to partake in vast quantities of alcohol, baked and barbecued goods. It used to be the picnic post Race fr Life, which I ran with all the females of said clans. Since most of the females hate running, we are left with the feasting. I have eaten much cake and tried out my swim to run technique using the grey and chilly sea. It worked quite well, although tiredness and hormonal stress has rendered me weak in the pelvic floor. I feel enormously fat and exhausted. The weather was not as fine as this, sadly, but it did not rain on our gluttonous parade. The feast was tempered by a few family sadnesses: professional and marital woes, and a certain middle aged langour on my part.  This is a feeling I need to address. It will not go away until I have faced it down with the committed sort of training I promised t the outset. A mid-term report is becoming due, in which I will have to come clean about my lack of discipline regarding this endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment