Saturday 12 July 2014

Cake, a lot of it

A bit of a blow out at this gathering
12.07.2014
Day 91

Everyone falls off the training seriously wagon sometimes. Today, faced with a dozen cakes made by my sister's fair hand, adorning a picnic table at this party on Wandsworth Common, my greed got the better of me. There were lemon drizzles, raspberry streusels, chocolate fudges, Dorset apples, Dundee fruits, ginger loafs and more. Big cakes all, each with one big sparkly letter to spell out the legend Mary & Robin. My niece and her man celebrating nuptials once more, as well as the first birthday of their delightful son Rufus.
Champagne, beer, cider flowed, and disappeared down my maw, along with a slice of every type of cake, and much else besides.
Earlier, at Parkrun, my running late meant I ran up the hill and just miss the start, necessitating a mad dash to catch up, In essence my parkrun was four miles long, so to do it in the time pasted below was quite an achievement. I felt very sick after the effort, so could not manage the cupcake I was given at the finish. Clearly I made up for lost eating time a few hours later.
I think, in the light of this, that a PB at Hillyfields is overdue. I must try to get down under 23mins on this hilly course soon.

Hillyfields parkrun results for event #99. Your time was 00:23:35.

No comments:

Post a Comment